It’s no secret around these parts that I love a good pair of statement earrings. (In fact, a bloggy pal slash reader contacted me this week to ask me where she should shop for them which inspired this very post).
While I’m always mindful of not slipping into Margaret Pomeranz territory, I just can’t resist a great pair of earrings and their power to transform an outfit.
Paired with a block colour dress or, if you feel bolder, complementing or clashing with a print, statement earrings can really make, not simply finish off, an outfit.
I particularly like to wear a pair of fun statement earrings with a floral or more conservative style of dress. It’s the new meets old part that I love – the new or unexpected take on something that might be otherwise predictable.
So, in today’s post, I’m sharing some of my favourite places to shop for statement earrings which include some old faves along with new discoveries. I’d love to hear your favourite places to shop for statement earrings in the comments below.
1. Galaxy earrings in navy, $35 from Ockoberdee; 2. Moon Mountain Earrings, $39 from Martha Jean; 3. Jigsaw earrings, $39 (on sale) from Gorman; 4. Deco Droplets in Dove, $80 from Naomi Murrell; 5. Painted Peony – Green, $60 from Angus & Celeste; 6. Terrazzo drop earrings in Mustard and Lilac, $49 from Emily Green; 7. Brush Earrings, $60 from Stampel; 8. Resin oval drop earrings, $35 from Flock Curiosity Assembly.
So here are a few places I’ve found gorgeous statement earrings …
1. Flock Curiosity Assembly (8, above) – you’ll find bold, bright resin earrings in a variety of colours and styles (studs through to large drop styles). I think there is a definite Jackon Pollock/80’s vibe going on here which I love. If they look familiar, FCS earrings are now stocked in selected Obus and Gorman stores.
3. Mint Cloud (not pictured) – I bought a couple of pairs of super fun perspex earrings from Mint Cloud at the Melbourne Finders Keepers market on the weekend. They have an 80’s David Bowie vibe about them and only set me back $16 a pair. Mint Cloud’s Etsy store is currently on a break but check back in to see what’s new in a little while.
4. Dear Mabel Handmade (not pictured) – I discovered Dear Mabel last year and bought some fabulous statement earrings with lots of colour including a pop of neon. Some styles have a more earthy palette though and you’ll also find some beautiful pendants here too.
5. Martha Jean (2, above) – you’ll find a gorgeous range of wares here including metallic resin earrings, wooden necklaces, leather clutches and artwork.
6. Stampel (7, above) – I’ve long been a fan of Stampel’s simple but striking designs using post manufacture waste timber. If you’re after something smaller but colourful, check out these Brush Studs, $25 each too.
I’m wearing a pair of Stampel earrings in the profile pic on the top right of this page.
7. Emily Green (6, above) – Emily Green has been around for a while and is perhaps best known for her colourful beaded necklaces. I can’t go past her big, statement earrings though, not to mention her colourful studs. My faves are her fun Terrazzo range with the flecks of gold. I’m wearing them in this pic.
8. Ockoberdee (1, above) – you’ll find a mixture of textures here – beads, rope and metallics all combined to make beautiful and unusual designs. I bought a pair similar to those pictured above (1) and I can’t wait to wear them. Watch this space!
9. Gorman (3, above) – you’ll always find something interesting, quirky and fun in the way of jewellery at Gorman. Their pieces work well not only with Gorman clothes but the rest of any colourful wardrobe.
11. Angus & Celeste (5, above) – The simple but tasteful designs of Angus & Celeste’s porcelain earrings are a great example of modern, understated style.
Where do you tend to shop for earrings? Do you wear big or small earrings? Classic or bold?