So last week the fabulous Vicki over at The Fashionable Mum nominated me for The Liebster Blog Award.
What’s The Liebster Blog Award I hear you say?
In a nutshell, The Liebster is an award for bloggers awarded by other bloggers. It’s a kind of peer recognition and a really fab way to find new blogs, make new friends and generally have a lovely and encouraging virtual online hug in the blogosphere. What’s not to love?
So, now I’ve been nominated, the deal is as follows:
- Link back to recognise the blogger who nominated you (in my case, The Fashionable Mum – thank you lovely!);
- Answer ten questions given by the nominator;
- Nominate ten other bloggers for the award;
- Create ten questions for those nominees to answer;
- Tell your nominees the great news;
- Get yourself a Liebster Award button for your blog.
Here are the questions The Fashionable Mum asked of her nominees:
1. What is your signature dish?
In summer, definitely my rose water pavlova and orange blossom lemonade.
In Winter, probably my rhubarb cake, a roast or my favourite entree, baked fetta.
Lately, I’ve been doing a bit of experimenting to try to find some new family favourites to get myself out of Dinner Ruttsville. I aspire to eat more vegetarian food and less carbs during the week, as you do, which is easier said than done with a house full of boys!
This delicious frittata, above, was reasonably successful – 2 out of 3 kids liked it, which, according to Meatloaf, isn’t bad.
2. If you could buy one item in multiple colours, what would it be?
After a Winter by the sidelines at footy, I’d probably say a rainbow of Hunter gumboots and cosy snoods.
For image credit and where to buy, click here.
3. Are you a hoarder or a thrower-outer?
I have hoarding tendencies which I am trying to curb so I don’t end up in a documentary with a professional intervention Oprah style.
I recently did a monumental clean out of my wardrobe and finally parted ways with my maternity wardrobe. Very significant.
4. Expensive shoes or expensive handbags?
Hmmm, that is a tricky one. I am a serious collector of both but I’d be more inclined to fork out the big bucks for shoes, particularly boots. See above.
5. Are you a cat or a dog person?
Actually, I’m a rabbit person: they are silent, full of personality and cuddly.
If I had to decide between a dog and a cat, I’d go for a dog but I hear it’s like having an extra child which I couldn’t handle right about now.
6. What makes you want to shout and swear at the TV?
Watching the Bombers (AFL) play footy live can be pretty intense at times, particularly during a close game.
Lately, however, I’ve been harbouring the urge to shout and swear when watching The Bachelor. Something along the lines of, “Really? You are competing with twenty other girls for one guy on TV. Really? Are you out of your mind? You deserve so much better than this!”
7. Which male celebrity makes you go weak at the knees?
I have always been a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal (circa Brokeback Mountain) and Gael Garcia Bernal (And Your Mother Too, The Priest). You’re welcome.
8. If you could own any one designer item what would it be?
A classic handbag like a Birkin or a serious pair of sunnies.
9. Are you a morning or an evening person?
Neither. I think I peak around rest time (just after lunch) when my son has his nap. Or possibly because he has a nap.
10. What’s your favourite track to drive to?
Currently, anything Stevie Nicks. The kids and I are obsessed with her and all sing along to the live version of “The Edge of Seventeen”. She was mentioned in The School of Rock too which has increased her cred at our place big time.
So, over to my nominations. Do yourself a favour and check out these blogs. I am nominating:
Anna from Colour Me Anna
Emma from Frog Goose & Bear
Kim-Marie from Kimba Likes
Qew from Beautiful Life Industries
Kate from Glamour Mama
Raychael from Ms Mystery Case
Allison from Ducks on the Dam
Leanne from Peeptoes and Pushups
Lauren from Stay at Home Mum I Am
My Questions are:
1. What/where was the best meal you have eaten?
2. Carrie, Samantha, Miranda or Charlotte? Big or Aiden?
3. Where did you go on your last holiday?
4. If you could have a $500 shopping voucher for one store, which one would you pick and why?
5. What is your most sentimental treasure?
6. New York, London or Paris?
7. What was the last compliment you received?
8. When you were a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
9. What is your favourite book and why?
10. How long have you been blogging for and tell us a little about your blog?
Found out anything you didn’t know about moi? How would you answer any of the above questions? What blogs are you loving right about now?