The boys have been a bit underrepresented of late, so I thought it was high time I unearthed some great Spring finds for the men, big and small, in our lives.
For the Lads
1. Pyjamas – My boys love their Cotton on Kids pjs. They are snug and comfy and are $19.95 each or 2 for $30 for some styles;
2. Hat – While a sunhat is essential for summer months, a Fedora is more of an accessory. We gave our boys Fedoras for Christmas last year and they were a huge hit. This Fedora with Contrast Trim (Royal Blue) is also available in Green and is $24.95 from Seed Heritage;
3. T-shirt – This Cactus T-Shirt, in sizes 2 -12, is perfect for a long hot summer. It is $29.95 from Country Road.
4. Trainers – I am loving these cool Chuck Taylor All Stars in green and even better, they are currently on sale for $44.99 from Converse.
5. Sweater – Green is a great colour on boys and always works with navy and denim. This Washed Crew Sweater, in sizes 1-10 is $49.95 from Seed Heritage.
6. Tote Bag – When your little man is ready to go on his first sleep over, you might find that children’s bags aren’t big enough to hold his essentials. I find these adult sized totes from Country Road ($59.95) are a good size for a couple of nights away and there is enough room for Teddy as well.
7. Shorts – Target makes great, on trend basics for boys and these Cuffed Chino Shorts in Victoria Blue, for boys 7 -16, are a great example. They are $22 and you can find them here. For younger boys (sizes 1 – 7) check out the Boys’ Cargo Short in French Blue for $8 here.
8. Binoculars – Boys love spying on their siblings, their neighbours, pretty much anyone. I will be popping a pair of these Natural Trail Binoculars in the Santa Sack this Christmas or pairing them with a book for a birthday gift. They are $9.95 from Lark Store.
9. Book – I can’t go past the retro styling of this graphic novel of Tintin and his adventures in America and my Master 7 and his buddies would love this. It is $12.19 in Paperback from The Book Depository.
With Spring upon us and all the social functions coming up (think Cup Day BBQ, picnics, end of year break ups and Christmas), your fella might need a bit of an up date style wise.
Hat – I am a big fan of hats on men and this Flemington Trilby is a very cool addition for Spring and would add a nice finishing touch to a Spring Racing outfit. It is $39.95 from Witchery Man.
T-shirt – A fresh clean t-shirt is a wonderful thing. This one is $49.95 from Superdry.
Shorts – These shorter Grid Check shorts would look the business with a polo and a pair of Havianas. They are $69.95 from Country Road.
What do you like to dress your boys in? What do they like/not like wearing? Does your man need a style up date?